Tuesday 7 July 2009

Rain ... lots of rain

After 3 hours of sleep I got up : one of those things where you open your eyes a minute before your alarm goes off - spooky.
It was a nice day so I threw on a top and skirt and ran out ...
The waiting room was dull, but I had my book, I hoped they wouldn't take long because I only had 80 pages or so left and the last thing I wanted to do was sit here and stare into the bleakness. But all my wishes were ignored and after I finished the last page (reading as slowly as I could manage) they left me waiting for three hours - with the metal chair carving a groove into my back. I went for a 'walk' around the waiting room but was too aware that everyone was looking at me because there was nothing else to look at, so I sat back down to camouflage myself. There were lots of people walking into a little room and coming out with a white mask on. Strange. Maybe it should have evoked somekind of terror of the unknown : I ignored it and fell into a day dream where I was in the bath at home with vogue. All of a sudden a woman hobbled in (quite fast for a hobble) and started screaming 'I'm suicidal... I need help' oh my. Then someone called my name... my turn and I was in there for all of 2 seconds, as I knew what I wanted but they wouldn't take that into consideration at the counter. Was it worth waiting going on four hours? uf. I brisk walk back, past the builders who were looking at me funny - I thought maybe one of those masks must have gotten attatched to me. I stoped for a Whisper, then the rain started. It was the craziest storm I've ever been caught in .. the drops were huge and made gigantic puddles in seconds - I ran for the cafe with the canopy. Two wet and laughing boys followed me wielding a Henry the hoover. Weird. 'Where's the Henry shop' he asked, which I thought was funny as he of all poeple looked as though he should know exactly where the Henry shop is. The rain got worse and I saw a massive bolt of lightening - I've never seen it so close before, and I startd counting like they do in the films .... I didn't even get to two and the loudest crash and crackle happened what seemed like right over the cafe. Me and the boys froze for a second before a big van flew past drowning us with an ever growing puddle/lake. Awsome. I was far too aware in that moment that I was under a metal thing in the lightening, and was already soaked through, soI tucked my book up my jumper and walked the rest of the way home. I walked at a regular pace... so the rain didn't win.
I had the best shower ... thinking about been out in the rain.
Nap; I needed to dream.
When I woke up it felt like another day and I was completely inspired and happy. I wrote fr a while and then thought about what I'm going to make myself to put in my new room (that I have not yet found, but will soon) it will be sea green, turqoise, ballet pink and cream. Dreamy.

***

It's hard to hear the bird song now you've opened the door of my cage.

No comments: